Thursday, March 4, 2010

Playing Bedtime Catch-up

Ok, so I am already a few days behind. Caden woke up at 3:15 am Tuesday coughing and not able to go back to sleep. He just wanted to "snuggie"... to the couch we went and watched cartoons until Taylor woke up @ 7. Robin had left @ 4:45 to make his flight to DC... I'm jealous by the way, as he got to see a few friends. Cut to 9:10 and we were in the doctor's office learning that the croup that he went to the ER for on Sunday was replaced with bronchitis. After the bribe of a milkshake, we went and picked up his prescriptions: steroids and a nebulizer with albuterol. For anyone who's kid has never taken steroids... expect pee and LOTS of it. I digress. We didn't end up with the child mask for the nebulizer, so the first round was with the mouthpiece:

Luckily, that night we got it, so we made the switch... he was not a big fan of the "smoke" getting in his eyes, so me being quick thinking and all grabbed his fairly new Buzz Lightyear goggles and put them on along with the "firefighter mask". Good thing he likes to pretend :

During the little bit of down time that day, I did manage to make a craft... not sure why I didn't sleep, but I am also typing at nearly 11 rather than sleeping... I made a picture frame for Taylor:

So, Wednesday he still wasn't much better, but Taylor was trying to get up on all fours and crawl... she started army crawling back on Saturday... very cool. She's also saying "Mama" a lot : )

Oh yeh, but back to the steroid thing. Caden had croup back in November and we caught it before he ever even coughed. I noticed a wheeze and took him in. They gave him the steroids back then, and he was fairly newly potty trained... leaks through nighttime diapers again, accidents left and right... Now, he's been potty trained for nearly 6 months and we are again having the same problem... something must effect the urgency or something, but he rarely has accidents, and this is like 2 a day : ( On top of the cloth diapers, there is LOTS of urine soaked laundry...

Yesterday, I painted a wooden "wall plaque" with our last name on it... it didn't quite turn out the way I had hoped, so I posted it on Facebook and asked for input. Thanks to some crafty women with good ideas, I came up with a finished product I think I'll actually hang somewhere : )


No comments:

Post a Comment